Sunday, July 22, 2012

half marathon for fun!

Friday after work Alicia and I went to Seth's Encore performance which was actually pretty good. I didn't really know what it was all about and thought it was going to be just singing but ended up being a whole show with acting and dancing too. Then we went out to Orlando Ale House where we got bad service and I had regular beer for the first time. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting but not really something I would want to have often.

Yesterday I got a lot done that I needed to such as cleaning. I built a bookcase we bought the other day and did laundry etc. I also finished 1984. It wasn't that great but was okay. I just felt like the autho really made his point and was super repeatitive about it. I had planned to read sparknotes as I read to get into any themes I may have been missing but it seemed pretty easy to follow. I was mainly reading it since it is on a lot of those lists of books you should read and I never had read it in class.

Today me and Alicia did a 13.1 mile run in 3 hours and 24 minutes. It was like 95 degrees when we left and then the last 4 miles it was pouring down rain on and off. It was okay with the rain b/c it cooled it down but it isn't fun to have wet socks while you run. Alicia only had pain in her hip toward the very very end of the run so it worked out better than expected. This is only the 2nd time I've ever run the distance of a half marathon without it being a race. I think it is good preperation. My feet were hurting most of the 2nd half of the run which is frustrating. I also felt a little sore and my lower back was bothering me but felt better after my shower.

If you notice we are soaked in this photo...the thing about wearing glasses in the rain is that it makes it very hard to see. The rain also makes the sweat go in your eyes so that doesn't help either.

I was trying to show off and pretty much missed my mouth but since it was raining it didn't matter much.
....................More running to come!

1 comment:

  1. i love this post!!!!! so exciting! so amazing! I'm really glad we did this run together and that we were both such good troopers. When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

    thanks for building the bookcase! you're awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete